Choc, banana and raspberry muffins
This recipe is one of Tony Vidmar’s (former Socceroo) family favs. His partner Patrice makes these for their two kids for really busy training weeks.
Ingredients (makes 12)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 50g softened butter (unsalted) or margarine
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 mashed banana
- 100g dark choc chips
- 1 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Put the muffin cases in a 12 piece muffin tin.
- With an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until combined, then add vanilla and egg.
- Add Baking soda, powder and flour.
- Mash the banana and add to the mixture, spoon in the yoghurt.
- In the meantime melt the chocolate chips.
- Take half the batter and mix with the melted chocolate.
- Divide the plain mixture over the muffin cases, trying to spoon onto 1 side, add some raspberries, then divide the chocolate mix over the cases.
- Carefully use a toothpick or skewer to stir the mixtures slightly
- Cook in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition information: Kilojoules: 964kJ (230cal) Protein: 5g Carbohydrate: 34g Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 4g Fibre: 4g Sodium: 262mg